Case StudyPutting you in the right position
A new client approaches us with a view to setting up their own business.
1. Our initial meeting would seek to:
- Understand their business proposal;
- Explain the alternative business vehicles available and the suitability to their circumstances having considered commercial and taxation factors; and
- Understand how we can assist the prospective client.
This meeting would typically be free of charge.
3. Once the client is trading we may then:
- Operate a monthly payroll;
- Prepare the quarterly VAT Returns
- Prepare regular management accounts
- Advise on planning opportunities
- After the completion of the first year we would then:
- Prepare the first set of statutory accounts
- Complete the corporation tax return
- Complete the personal tax returns
Our level of involvement at all stages will be dependent on the clients requirements.
2. On the basis of the client wishing to proceed and having completed our professional obligations as regards identification processes our next stage could include:
- The formation of a company
- Offering to provide a registered office and act as company secretary
- Registering for VAT
- Registering a PAYE Scheme
- Advising on record keeping and maintenance of accounting records
- Assist in the preparation of a business plan/financial projections
- Assistance in preparation of shareholders agreement
- Structuring a salary/dividend policy
Get In Touch
Copyright © 2019 – Holden Thomas
Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales practice assurance scheme.
Holden Thomas Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales number 6821262.
The registered office of Holden Thomas Ltd is Springfield House, 23 Oatlands Drive, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 9LZ.
Directors: Joy Granat Bsc (Hons) ACA, Russell Granat ACA, Susan Kumar BA (Hons), Jas Bhohi MAAT MBA MCIM